Hardworking community groups in Glass House are set for a spring funding boost as they receive their share in $12.4 million in State Government funding through the latest round of Gambling Community Benefit Fund grants.
Member for Glass House Andrew Powell said many local organisations couldn’t do without the quarterly funding boost, which allows them to continue their invaluable work in the area.
“These groups bring so much to our community, sometimes it’s easy to take it for granted and forget what life would be like without them,” Mr Powell said.
“Here in Glass House we’re fortunate to have a range of non-profit organisations that provide services to families, our elderly and our furry friends too.
“Whether it’s our local cricket club, our surf lifesavers or our animal care groups, it’s important we continue to get behind those making a difference.
Successful organisations within the Glass House electorate include:
- Maleny Golf Club Incorporated, $30,090.91, to purchase a tractor
- Stanley River Cricket Club Incorporated, $10,405.00, to purchase equipment
- Stoney Creek Rural Fire Brigade, $18,905.00, to install a solar system and LED lighting
- Wamuran State School P&C Association, $25,000.00, towards the construction of a garden facility
- Maleny Branch Little Athletics,$11,020.00, to renovate the clubhouse facilities
- Chevallum State School P&C Association, $31,740.00, to install a playground
Mr Powell said the quarterly grants allowed profits from gambling to be invested back into grass roots services and facilities that benefited people from all walks of life in the Glass House community.
“These grants can be the difference between keeping these important services in our area and going without,” he said.
“I encourage all local groups, however big or small, to apply for the next round of funding before the end of November 2014 and make the most of this wonderful opportunity.”
For more information or to see a full list of recipients please visit http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/corporate/sponsorships-and-grants/grants/community-benefit-funding-programs/successful-funding-applications
[ENDS] 2 October, 2014
Media enquiries – 5435 2013