Lots of activities around the traps this week –
- Popped in and saw Mrs Margaret Newton whose husband Bill passed away recently. Bill was a former Member of Parliament for this area and I presented Mrs Newton with a copy of the Condolence Motion I gave in Parliament on Bill’s life and service to Queensland.
- Spent some time doorknocking the streets of Wamuran garnering the views of residents on many local and state issues.
- Personally presented the Maleny Tennis Club with a certificate to recognise their recent successful funding grant application.
- Joined my Federal colleague Wyatt Roy to celebrate the sod turning for road works on the D’Aguilar Highway.
- Kicked off the annual Blackall 100 race – record competitors this year and such a great event for our local economy.
- Had a family lunch on Sunday to celebrate Grandparent’s Day. I’m so thankful that my kids have both sets of Grandparents still here to celebrate and enjoy their childhood with.