Without a doubt, the highlight of my week was celebrating Wamuran resident and good friend, Howard Walter’s 70th birthday. Dubbed the ‘Mayor of Wamuran’, most of the town turned up for the monthly Wamuran Sports Dinner last Friday night which also served as a 70th birthday celebration for Howard. Howard and his wife Jenny are one in a million and they have given, and continue to give, so much of their time to our community. The Wamuran Sports Club opens its doors for dinner every first Friday of the month, be sure to drop by for a great meal if you are ever in town.
Other events on my calendar this past week include –
- Real Food Festival launch lunch – such an amazing Festival all about food so make sure you get along to this two day event in Maleny on 12/13 September – www.realfoodfestivals.com.au/
- Spent a day in the Nanango electorate with Member Deb Frecklington and paid a visit to the South Burnett Energy Centre
- Attended a citizenship ceremony in Morayfield to welcome the newly recognised Australian citizens who call the Moreton Bay District home
- Spent a day at the Ekka for a Shadow Cabinet meeting
- Attended the Mt Mee Frolic on the Mountain Festival
- Held a mobile office in Wamuran
- Dropped in on the Palmwoods ES & A Bank Anniversary celebrations
- Spent time with Mt Mee resident Rowena Crouch and her Mum who was turning 100 last Sunday. Mrs Boynton now lives in Erowal Village in Maleny so it was great to be able to stop by and share in the celebrations of this momentous occasion.