During the last few months I have had countless people in Glass House contact me with projects they would like to see delivered in our community. There is no shortage of projects we can work on together and my challenge as the local Member will be to ensure I work as hard as I can to accommodate the needs of people in all 20 of the individual townships that make up the Glass House electorate.
The Glass House ‘Fighting For’ wishlist will continue to be a work in progress and anything you identify in your community can be added to the list. All suggestions are welcome at any time so feel free to email my office as you identify something– email@example.com.
Some of the local issues we have compiled so far – .
- Palmwoods/Eudlo – the North Coast Rail Duplication, more funding for sporting groups including cricket, soccer and tennis, upgrades to the Jubilee Drive intersection
- Chevallum – a permanent school crossing supervisor
- Montville – pedestrian crossing at the Info Centre, roundabout at the Western Avenue
- Maleny – upgrades to Maleny-Kenilworth Road, new indoor Aquatic Centre, ‘kiss and go’ for Maleny State School, upgraded police station, pedestrian crossing at Maleny-Stanley River Road
- Witta – funding for sports development
- Conondale – upgrade to Maleny-Kenilworth Road, pool upgrades
- Peachester – flashing lights at Peachester School
- Beerwah – traffic signals at the Beerwah State School intersection
- Glasshouse Mountains – re-opening the Glasshouse Mountains Holiday Park
- Beerburrum – increased funding for community groups like the Beerburrum School of Arts
- Elimbah – upgrades to King John Creek Bridge,
- Caboolture – parking at Caboolture Hospital, ongoing support for the Caboolture Historical Village, Wamuran – speed reduction near County Drive
- Mount Mee – funding for community groups
- Woodford – pedestrian crossing across the D’Aguilar Highway, speed reduction near the Mary Street intersection